[OM] More macro questions

Subject: [OM] More macro questions
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:03:05 -0400
Tom's macro inquiry got me thinking about an upcoming project: Shooting
close-ups of an ornate pocketwatch that belonged to my grandfather.  I
have the 50/2 macro, but this lens isn't well suited for really close
work (I'm told) or (I'm also told) for use with extension tubes.  Why?
Would I be better off with the 100 2.8 (or the 50 1.8) and extenders?  I
probably need about 5 or 6mm of critical DOF.

I'll probably use the T32 off-camera with a half-milk jug grotto as a
diffuser, and the 2S or 2N.

Morgan Sparks