Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays

Subject: Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:34:46 -0400
You are a lucky Zuik.  Luck counts <g>
I'm coming up on a million miles in the air.  Seen too many airports and
scanners.  I take camera and film often.  Usually, I just stuff a couple of
rolls in my pocket and put them in the plastic bucket along with my change
and watch at the metal detector and let the camera go through with my
carry-on.  The last two trips I just chunked everything in the carry-on and
both times had fogging on the films.
I do not believe anything that is said about the safety of airport scanners
except they will do their primary task - find weapons and explosives.  I
accept this and will find other ways to get my film from place to place.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Daan Kalmeijer <daank@xxxxxxxxx>