Re: [OM] Display of OM-4/Underexposure at high film speeds?

Subject: Re: [OM] Display of OM-4/Underexposure at high film speeds?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:28:30 -0400
When the asa knob is set to asa 100 and you want +2 compensation, yopu are
actually setting the asa temporarily to asa 25.  That is where the brushes
are being set on the asa ceramic board.  So, when you get to the low limit
of asa 12 and try to go  for + compensation, the brushes are already at the
maximum exposure position of asa 12, there  would have to be  a resistive
position inside the camera for asa 6 and 3 for you to get +1 and +2 stops.
Similar explanation   goes for high end asa's.

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121