Re: [OM] More macro questions

Subject: Re: [OM] More macro questions
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daank@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:00:49 +0200
John wrote:

>This does make me a tad curious why the magnification ranges for the older
>20 & 38 macros are slightly less than the newer OM mount versions.  That
>much of a change in the optical formula?

I think this is because the older versions where attached to the bellows
with only a very flat PMT- (or was it MPT, TMP, PTM, ...?) mount. This
resulted in less extension than with the new versions. These new versions
have normal OM-mounts (automatic aperture!) and some focusing capabillities
of their own, extending the lens a few centimeters from the bellows or tube.

I use the 38 f2.8 a lot and it is a great lens!

For photographing the inside of a watch I would use the 80mm. Good quality.
Lighting would be less of a problem because of the slightly longer focal
length and the lack of a "built in lense-hood" like the 50 mm's have.

When I use a T32 for this kind of work I allways combine it with the
21mm-difusor (comes with the ND-filter set for the T32) it gives good
difusion and neutral colors.

Daan