[OM] Eclipse photo.

Subject: [OM] Eclipse photo.
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:48:04 +0200 (MET DST)
May I show you a photo of the partial eclipse as was seen from Lausanne:
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~gerek/Personal/Images/New/NewNew/Nim_034.jpg

As I understand, the clouds actually help taking a reasonable picture of
the *partial* eclipse. I would hate the clouds if it were a total eclipse
with the visible corona.

The technical data of the photo is:
Camera: OM4T with plain autoexposure
Lens: 50-250/f5 + Vivitar macro 2X at widest aperture (still slow, you
know..) Exposure was around 1/60, hendheld. I cropped almost half of the
picture out.

The focus of 50-250 passes infinity, so it was really very difficult to
focus to infinity at dark (because of the darkness, and the doubler).

Why-oh-why do some lenses deliberately pass infinity?!!!

OMer Nezih Gerek,
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
CH-1015 Ecublens
Lausanne, Switzerland
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~gerek