Re: [OM] Introduction

Subject: Re: [OM] Introduction
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:04:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/99 10:38:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just for the record....

>  Furthermore, its 4 minute auto metering was really impressive... I took it
>  on  a tropical holiday and took a beautiful slide of a beach scene with
>  lamposts and coconut trees   against a backdrop of a deep blue sky.. The
sun
>  had already set for some time & I suffered bad sandfly bites whilst I
waited
>  for the about  3 minute exposure. The result was impressive. No camera till
>  today can do that on auto mode.! ( Am I right guys ?)

Actually I think the Pentax LX does/did very long auto exposures. As far as I
know, it is the only non Olympus SLR that does OTF non-flash auto exposure.
Oly does it better, of course!  ;-)

>  Till today, no camera can take up to 8 spot readings... (some may argue U
>  would only need 3 or at the most - 5...) I find this very helpful cos I

Again, there is the old Canon T90 and the new EOS 3. Both did/do multi spot,
I think also up to 8 readings. But the OM-3/4 interface is far superior.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA