Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous 90F2.0 Macro versus 100F2.0???
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:03:35 -0700
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
In particular, if you chief subject matter are people
rather than macro, and wide open performance is critical--can you discern a
difference between the two across Velvia or Kodachrome?

I doubt there is a huge difference in quality between these two at "people shooting" distances, so you should use other criteria. For example, the 100 will increase your working distance by 10%, which might be valuable in shooting people. And I believe the 100 is cheaper.

However, if you ever think you might want to do macro, the 90 is your lens.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>