[OM] Strange substance in an IS B-28 converter

Subject: [OM] Strange substance in an IS B-28 converter
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:59:26 +0200
Hi all,
I've recently noticed a strange "deposit" in my IS/L B-28 converter.
It looks like moisture, so it's probably this famous "fungus" about which
there already was some threads on the list.
As the converter is sealed, I've no access to the glass surface to clean it:
the deposit seem being on an "internal" glass surface.
I've not yet search in the archives about the suggestions to get rid of this
annoying intrusion, if my memory is right somebody suggest some UV source or
heating but as the converter is in some sort of polycarbonate it could be
dangerous...
I'll be interested if somebody has some information about the optical
construction of this converter (until this moment my idea was it's a single
piece of glass...)
Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
regards
marc