Re: [OM] Strange substance in an IS B-28 converter

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange substance in an IS B-28 converter
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0000
marc simon wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've recently noticed a strange "deposit" in my IS/L B-28 converter.
> It looks like moisture, so it's probably this famous "fungus" about which
> there already was some threads on the list.
> As the converter is sealed, I've no access to the glass surface to clean it:
> the deposit seem being on an "internal" glass surface.

I don't know about the construction, but the very first thing to do
is to put it in bright sunlight for a while.  Sunlight itself can
kill bacteria etc.  Further, if there is indeed some moisture in
there the sunlight will drive that out as well, stopping any further
deterioration.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222@xxxxxxxxxxx