Re: [OM] Buying Equipment From the USA in Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying Equipment From the USA in Canada
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:21:53 -0700
Elmer;

Yeah, I wasn't sure of the tax/duty situation and still am not.  I guess
NAFTA doesn't apply to Japanese made cameras, eh?  Course as far as
warranty goes, one usually has to specify US warranty with these jokers,
so International might be the default.

I do know there's a duty on photo equipment coming this way from the
Great White North, as I got caught when I bought a Jobo processor from
someone in BC. I think the rate was 6%

As for who/what, B&H seems to be the most honest and reputable photo
equip sales house in NY. (I'm not sure that statement gives them a whole
lot of credit! :>)

Go here to see their prices: http://www.bhphotovideo.com

George