Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:00:30 -0700
Greg, good to hear from ya.  Now I remember which of us had their work
in Pop Photo!

I've not made up my mind how I'll carry the 350.  Option 1 is to put it
in it's hard case with a body and MD and 1.4x mounted.  Then put that in
my large hard sided suitcase and lock it and check it!
Option B is to put the lens in the backpack, leave it's hard case at
home and carry-on the backpack.  Yes it actually fits quite well, with
the body and MD and 1.4x attached, in the longish center compartment of
the big backpack.  (Fits also in my smaller 35mm pack & is actually
quite a (relatively) comfortable way to carry it around in the field.)
Option B requires only that I stuff the film, filters and ready-load
holder that would normally be in the center,  in another carry-on.
Option 1 is probably easier, but I just say a TV exposee showing baggage
handlers rummaging through passengers checked bags. I hate it when that
happens.

George