[OM] Re: Repair Rebuttal

Subject: [OM] Re: Repair Rebuttal
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:37:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/99 6:24:39 PM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  A local store, being a local store, serves locals, (how's that for
> redundancy) meaning smaller workload. In fact, they probably refer harder
> jobs to more experienced centres. This way, the simple stuff is taken care
> of, instead of all the junk ending up infront of a pro-fixer-upper.

    Most "local stores" in my area, (NJ) [and there ain't many local stores
left] DO NOT repair cameras "in-house" because there just ain't that many
"real"
camera repairmen around, and I'm talking repairmen as in John's league, not
the guy in the back who has two small screwdrivers and calls himself a camera
repairman. So, they mostly send them out, and you know what that means- they
probably tack on their own profit on top of what the real repair guy charges.

> I would be hard-pressed  to come to a rational decision to send it to NJ <

    Camtech is in NY, not NJ. I know the rest of the country thinks NY and NJ
are interchangeable, but believe me, if it was possible to send your camera
to NJ you would, because we'd "make you an offer you can't refuse". And if
you still sent it someplace else we'd see to it your precious 35mm shift lens
had a very unfortunate  "accident".
Youz know where I'm comin' from, right? <kiss on both cheeks> <wink>

    Ciao,
    Don Giorgio S.