Re: [OM] Re: Repair Rebuttal

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Repair Rebuttal
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:19:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 22 Aug 1999 ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 8/21/99 6:24:39 PM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>>  A local store, being a local store, serves locals, (how's that for
>> redundancy) meaning smaller workload. In fact, they probably refer harder
>> jobs to more experienced centres. This way, the simple stuff is taken care
>> of, instead of all the junk ending up infront of a pro-fixer-upper.
>>
>    Most "local stores" in my area, (NJ) [and there ain't many local stores
>left] DO NOT repair cameras "in-house" because there just ain't that many
>"real"
>camera repairmen around, and I'm talking repairmen as in John's league, not
>the guy in the back who has two small screwdrivers and calls himself a camera
>repairman. So, they mostly send them out, and you know what that means- they
>probably tack on their own profit on top of what the real repair guy charges.

Well, this is a family-owned store, and has been that way for 30 some
years I believe, and they do do it in-house.

>> I would be hard-pressed  to come to a rational decision to send it to NJ <
>
>    Camtech is in NY, not NJ. I know the rest of the country thinks NY and NJ
>are interchangeable, but believe me, if it was possible to send your camera
>to NJ you would, because we'd "make you an offer you can't refuse". And if
>you still sent it someplace else we'd see to it your precious 35mm shift lens
>had a very unfortunate  "accident".
>Youz know where I'm comin' from, right? <kiss on both cheeks> <wink>

Mea culpa. NY/NJ got mixed up. At the moment, I'm not sure where you are
from, even though I shoudl given that I mailed you. Noo joisee, yes? Or is
it Noo yok? It's all the same to me, since I'm 3000 miles away ;-)

/Acer "still waiting to find a time to get mine CLA-ed" Victoria
--
goosnargh