Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")

Subject: Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 17:09:10 -0700
Garth;

Here's another thought: pull the front element yourself (it **should**
be fairly simple with a spanner wrench - course there is always a risk)
and check it out close-up.  I think John H recommended Ponds cold cream?
cleanup for fungus that hadn't yet etched the glass?  Then, if the
element is a goner, you could order a new front element from Oly parts.
I'd bet this would be a good deal cheaper than having a tech do same.

George