Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: "Gregg Iverson" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:26:21 -0400

Giles wrote:

How does the image quality of a digitally scanned and printed 35mm
compare with a print from a LF negative?

I had to run down to QualityChrome in Charlotte, NC last week after
hearing about it on this list.  I was amazed at the apparently grainless
4 foot by 8 foot print they had there that had come from a scanned
8"X10" print.  It was not a print of recent vintage either, but of a
Nascar race at (I think) Datona Beach in the late 50s.

Is it possible that with current technology the 35mm format can perform
as relatively as well as the LF?

I am very new to computer manipulation of photos, but I already prefer
it to the hours I used to spend in the darkroom.

Gregg Iverson