[OM] (OT) High Mountain photos

Subject: [OM] (OT) High Mountain photos
From: "Chmielewski, Artur" <Artur.Chmielewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:05:03 +0200
Hi Everybody!
Does anybody have experience making photos in high mountains? I mean
*really* high - Himalayas. I've seen many photographs taken there
overexposed, with black sky, etc.
I have the following questions:
1. is UV filter reasonable, or maybe I should have 1A (to reduce the bluish
cast)
2. what about C-PL - I've heard it makes sky to dark - even black
3. does PL filter stop UV or should I use UV (or 1A) and PL together
(wignetting!)
4. what about 81B (or something alike) - is it useful to reduce bluish cast?

I'm talking about shooting slides - any color cast matters!

Not to make this mail totally off-topic: I'm planning to use exclusively Oly
gear on my trekking, of course.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Artur