[OM] Any 4Ti expereinced user's on the flash sync -Reply

Subject: [OM] Any 4Ti expereinced user's on the flash sync -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:27:40 -0400
The low GN of the F-280 has always been a complaint. I only use it in Super FP
mode for flash fill where it's brilliant! I use the Sunpak DX8R ringlight with a
dedicated Olympus module on the 4-TI. It works fine, but it has only three
contacts. The Sunpak modules, therefore, do not support Super FP mode. So if
you're not looking for something special like the ringlight (which is much less
expensive then the Olypus version) I'd go with a T-32 or T-45 get more output. I
also have a Promaster flash which also has a three contact Olympus dedicated
module. Has a GN of 110 ft and some features not even Olympus flashes have, like
dual output when bouncing, built in zoom and a swivel and tilt head. I could be
convinced to part with it pretty cheap...

>>> "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/22/99 08:49pm >>>
I had a conversation with an Olympus Technical Rep. on the F-280 flash.  I
was disappointed in the guide number.  He recommended that I use the SunPak
with the Olympus Module.

I asked: " SunPak makes a module that will sync with the 4Ti?"  and his
response was yes.  I emailed SunPak and received some information , but
nothing confirming that this can be done.  I spoke to a guy named Jas of
ToCad , Corp.

I also spoke to a dealer in Chicago and he said that he had the flash and
the module , however after several emails he cannot find the information.

Does anyone out there know?  I have used the F-280 extensively , but was
looking for something that packed more power and perhaps faster recycle
time.

Thanks Sam ...