Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:41:55 -0700
At 09:59 PM 23-08-99 +0000,  "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I should have said this was an International flight - Singapore AL -
flying out of
>Perth.  I believe the limit must have been a general thing for the airport
and all
>airlines as it was Federal Police and not airline employees who objected.
>
>I believe the limit is imposed because of the risk of stuff falling out of
the
>overhead lockers onto people and/or to reduce the amount of mass moving
around in
>the cabin if a plane hits CAT.
>
>I just happen to have some tickets on me at the Mo and they make no
mention of a
>weight limit on carry-on bags so perhaps it is just a Perth or Australian
thing.

>However, George, it does say you are only allowed one small camera in the
cabin so
>if you were thinking of attaching the 350 to a body with motordrive 2 -
good luck.

There has been some spirited discussion in the Canadian media lately about
the 350 mm / f2 versus the 50mm / f1.8 sized human being who wishes to
travel by air, whether there should be any restrictions on or extra ticket
charges for his / her excess body weight as well as whether he / she should
have to pay for the extra seat to accomodate his / her portly anatomy....!

jh