Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")

Subject: Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:46:56 -0700
FWIW, I had my 85mm f2 serviced for Fungus and general
cleaning and lube job at Peachtree Camera and Video In Marietta Georgia.
I left it with them at a camera show in Florida and they mailed it back in
two weeks.
The lens is clean and works fine.  Really nice people with a family
business.
They also do Leica etc.  It cost me, $50 plus shipping.  They also unstuck
my OM2 and changed the rear seals while I waited for $10.  I trusted them
after seeing them at several shows and having them check a few bodies for me
at the shows.
Their phone number is (770)795-8020

Charlie L.

>>Meanwhile, I took my beloved Zuiko 100mm F/2.0 into a local shop which
says it's a factory-authorized Olympus Service Centre, and was told I'd wait
2 to 3 weeks and would be charged between $100.00 and $180.00 Canadian
(about $66.84 to $120.31 U.S. at today's interbank exchange rate).  Does
this sound reasonable?  To me, it's all dependent on whether the lens comes
back pristine -- if it does, I'm a happy camper, if not, I'll be ticked.
And I *really* hope they don't clandestinely ship it away somewhere else --
I'll probably never see it again, given the experiences of some of the
people on this list who've been forced to use Canadian service centres far
away from where they live...

Garth<<