Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")

Subject: Re: [OM] The Dreaded Fungi (and I *don't* mean "fun guy")
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:10:57 -0600
At 12:50 AM 8/24/99 +0000, you wrote:

>Garth, You lucky thing - the humidity, not the sad happening
>(commiserations).  The
>humidity in my house rarely gets below 83%

Hmmm.  You either live in Ireland or a Turkish Bath.  And as a bonus -- you
never have to go outside to pick mushrooms!  ;-)

>Alex, have you heard of Pelican cases?  These are very tough plastic cases
>that have
>an O-ring sealed lid and which are air and water tight.  They have a purge
>vave so
>you can equalize the pressure if the differential gets too great for you to
>open
>them - you get the idea.  A search of the Web should bring up some stuff on
>them.

They're great cases, but they're pricey.  I've tried to talk my wife into
letting me buy one for years now to protect the equipment -- mebbe when she
sees the repair bill for fungus she'll understand why I think thousands of
dollars worth of glass is worth a few hundred dollars worth of hermetic storage.

Garth