Re: [OM] Salt water??

Subject: Re: [OM] Salt water??
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 06:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
George -

I'm in just about the same 'boat' as you are. My OM4T
and a 24mm f/2.8 both took a dip in seawater. The lens
is a gonner, but I don't know about the 4T. I
immediately removed the batteries and the lens and
immersed the camera in a pail of fresh water. Then I
shook it dry, took off the back, and let it lay on a
warm boat engine overnight, while periodically
operating the advance and shutter in mechanical mode.
It looks no worse for the wear, but I decided to rush
it off to John Hermanson (its in transit now) to see
if its salvageable. I hold out some hope.....

Chip
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx