RE: buying from oversease--custons? was RE: [OM] FS: Check this o ne, so

Subject: RE: buying from oversease--custons? was RE: [OM] FS: Check this o ne, some cool stuff there...
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:58:16 +0200
Hi,

>> to Siddiq, I mentioned I had to pay $48 extra, meaning $153
>> if I am right.
>> That would be an extra cost of 45.7%... Doesn't sound right,
>> but as I said I don't have the note left.

My worst experience was with the one and only time I used UPS. At first it
seemed the parcel arrived without any customs duties, but then I received a
bill for $65 of charges. This was for a 35/2.8 shift which cost me $199 +
$37 for S&H, "they" then charged me 250ver everything (including the
shipping!) and some weird taxes and handling costs were added. In total the
S&H + customs gave a 500verhead, not funny :((((

For me, it's now always going to be USPS with a LOW value declaration...

Cheers!
Olafo