Re: [OM] Any 4Ti expereinced user's on the flash sync -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Any 4Ti expereinced user's on the flash sync -Reply
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:43:08 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/99 9:10:09 AM EST, bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I believe the issue here is: will any other flash  function the same as an
>  F280?
>  I THINK the answer is no.  A 4T(i) is looking for the 5 pins of the 280 and
>  to my knowledge, there is nothing on the market that duplicates that
>  function for the OM series.

You're right, Brian,
The answer IS no. What contributes to the confusion is Sunpak's instruction
sheet/manual that claims "complete compatability with all Olympus cameras."
Yes, they ARE compatable with all cameras- AT 1/60 SEC. They are not Super FP
compatable, as they are not Super FP flashes. Also- what Olympus does with
the 5 pin contact no one else can do with only 3 pins. Common sense here,
people!

George S.