[OM] OM-related paper/F-280 flash

Subject: [OM] OM-related paper/F-280 flash
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:36:56 -0400 (EDT)
   This was forwarded to me by a colleague who knows of my zuikoholism,
and I thought it might be of interest to the technophiliacs on here, so
I am passing it on. I haven't even seen it yet, having little time these
days, but it comes highly recommended.

                          *= Doris Fang =*

Subject: Re: 1/4000 sync?

I recall the first such camera/flash combo was an Olympus model OM-4T and F-280
(?) flash. The flash would behave essentially like focal plane flash bulbs
many, many, years ago. Although there was a slight strobing effect seen when
one examined the light pulse itself very closely, in the photographs the result
was uniform exposure with only a slight variation from edge to edge. I wrote a
paper for SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering, on the
Olympus and you can read it at:

             http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-streak.html