Re: [OM] Re: Salt water

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Salt water
From: "Garry D. Lewis" <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:40:12 -0500
Cc: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well this would be a good time to ask an alcohol question
from my past. Long time ago (3 years) we used a color
proofing material called 3m color-key. It was an alcohol
base developing system. They marketed two different
developers- hand and machine. One day I asked the tech. rep.

what was the difference ( besides the ovious). He said that
the machine developer was purified ten time more than the
hand version so as to remove
 all the SALTS from the alcohol. This was to prevent thr
corrosion of the steel rollers. He went on to say the the
hand version was 5 times more pure
than other types of  on the market alcohols.
1. Does alcohols contain SALTS?
2. Was this just sales hype?
3. What is the MARKER to designate purity in alcohols?

yours getting a little woosy with this topic,

Garry D. Lewis