RE: [OM] New Elitechrome in UK

Subject: RE: [OM] New Elitechrome in UK
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:01:24 +0000
At 14:45 8/25/99 , Alex Hughes wrote:
>Has anyone compared Elitechrome 100 Extra Colour with the pro version
>(E100VS) regarding overall quality and colour bias?  There is a big
>difference in price between the two in Australia.
>
>I have read that with Kodachrome 64, the amateur and pro versions are
>identical emulsions, and differ only in that the pro version is "matured"
>and released at the right time to provide better colour and speed
>consistency batch to batch.  I wonder if it's the same with Elitechrome and
>E100VS.

My assessment is that it is the same emulsion from both use (35mm Elite 100
EC and 120 E100VS) and the technical data sheets.  As a pro film E100VS
will have tighter control on the emulsion, lot coding, aging to mature it
to the correct point, refrigeration to keep it there, and a shorter film
expiration date; all of these will be absent on Elite Chrome 100 Extra
Color.  This is what you pay for on a pro film.

See the Kodak technical data sheets at the following URL's:

Elite Chrome 100 Extra Color:
  http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/e126/index.shtml

E100VS:
  http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/e163/e163.shtml

Don't forget to put the entire URL back together if it gets line wrapped by
your email program!  Also, the response curves could not be brought up
(file not found) at the bottom of the consumer tech data sheet, but they
can be seen in the Adobe Acrobat version of the sheet and I presume are
present in the Adobe Postscript version also (links for these are at the
top of the on-line data sheet).  Granularity is identical and all the
curves look identical.

-- John