Re: [OM] OM-1/2/2s Repair Manual Reprints

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1/2/2s Repair Manual Reprints
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:22:00 -0400
I called Olympus about two months ago asking about repair manuals.  They
told me they didn't have them.  Did I ask for the wrong thing?

I'd also like repair info for OM-1, 2, 2s, PC and even more if the cost
wasn't too high.  Thomas Tomosey's books cover the OM-1 and OM-10 fairly
well for common maladies and tell you how to get inside.  But there has
to be a lot more data somewhere that I haven't found yet.

I'm still trying to figure out why the OM-G I mentioned recently wants
to time the exposure while the shutter (mode switch) is set to "B" and
the lens cover is on.  And the timing is shorter or longer depending on
the position of the ASA dial.  Go figure.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA