[OM] Patiently waiting

Subject: [OM] Patiently waiting
From: "Elmer Brum" <elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:09:08 -0400
I want to thank everyone who gave their two bits!  I finally took the plunge
and ordered a new OM 4ti this morning.  I know some of you might think this
is nuts (I do too). But when really comparing prices (of anything worth
buying used) here in Canada, and the price for a new one from the USA, it
was really not worth risking all that money and finding out that the used
camera is not so mint after all.

I work in a distribution centre and checked with our shipping and
transportation department today regarding any tariffs or duty on cameras
coming in from the USA.  According to their Customs book, cameras and most
accessories are FREE.  Of course there is still the Canadian sales tax that
needs to be paid when it crosses the boarder. All-in-all, I'm saving money
this way.  Anyway, I won't be buying anything else for a while.

I should have it by mid week!  I feel like an expecting father waiting **
patiently ** outside the waiting room.  Well maybe not so patiently! <smile>

Regards,

Elmer Brum
Toronto, Canada
[mailto:] elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx