Re: [OM] .....Maitani ....

Subject: Re: [OM] .....Maitani ....
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:53:25 -0700 (PDT)
Clyde Soles wrote:

>Here's a response I got from Olympus in Sept. '97:
>
>Dear Sirs,
>
>Thank you for your e-mail. We are sorry to
>say that he retired Olympus Optical Co. last
>year.
>
>But, we still have connection with him, so if you
>have any comment to him I can transfer it to him.
>
>Regards,
>
>K. Taneichi
>PR. Dept.
>Kazufusa.Taneichi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know this is the second time I have seen this letter generously shared
by Clyde. It made me think this time about why one would write to Mr.
Maitani. After all he is an engineer who designed a small machine to
capture images. What is there to say except thanks to the company who
employed him design their product.

However I think people feel an impulse of admiration and gratitude to Mr.
Maitani because of the feel, usefulness and handling of his creations in
addition to their technical excellence. It is akin to the feeling toward a
great violin maker or guitar maker. His instrument makes us better
photographers.

Winsor
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I
hate plants." - A. Whitney Brown

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx