[OM] ...rechargeables... -Reply

Subject: [OM] ...rechargeables... -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:05:18 -0400
Well, I don't know if you can get them in Singapore, but I've been using Rayovac
rechargeable alkalines. The advantages of these are that they hold their charge
indefinitely, don't build a :memory", charge more quickly, and act like
alkalines generally do.. Nicads lose 1-3% a day so if you charge 'em and store
'em they have the bad habit of being half-dead when ya need 'em. And since you
don't want to charge 'em till they're close to dead you're in a qaundry. The
nicads do seem to have faster recycle time when used with my T-32, but the total
number of flash cycles goes to the rechargeable alkalines. I have heard that
NIMH batteries are the best in extreme cold vs. NICAD which become quite dead
when chilled. News videographers prefer the NIMH for this reason. Hope this
helps

Scott

>>> "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/27/99 09:43am >>>
Dear Z & Z's,
What are good rechargeable batteries (AA size) for flash & winder use ?

How do U tell when these batts have reached their lifespan.

Rgds
TMLee, S'pore