Re: [OM] Portrait Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait Lens
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 11:51:30 -0600
At 08:36 PM 8/27/99 -0400, Elmer Brun wrote:

[snip]

>Now I'm back and I'm looking to you for help again.  I'm not is such a rush
>(as I was with the OM 4Ti) this time, and would like to take my time
>building up a collection of good quality lenses.  I guess I should start out
>with a good portraiture lens, any suggestions?

Elmer:

Can't go wrong with the Oly Zuiko 100mm F/2.0, though it's pricey.  It's the
lens I use most often for portraits, and I love it (though I've recently had to
send it to the shop to get some slight fungal infestation cleaned out of it
after fourteen or so years' worth of use...).  Many on the List swear by the
Zuiko 85mm F/2.0.  I have no experience with it.

There's also the Vivitar Series One 90mm F/2.5 macro lens, which does a
kick-ass job of portraiture (I'm actually thinking of selling mine, 'cause my
spousal unit claims I have too many lenses which are of similar focal length
[sigh, she's correct...].)  'Sides, gotta finance the cleaning of the 100mm...
Oh, and its macro capabilities are quite good, too.

Garth