Re: [OM] (Fwd) batteries & import fees

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) batteries & import fees
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:12:01 +0100
Derrick Porter wrote:

>I bought a battery for my OM-1 last week in our local camera shop. it
>is a "Zinc/air" battery which has been designed to replace mercury
>batteries (PX625 and PX13).  It provides 1.35V and is the correct
>size for fitting. I am in the UK and can't speak for availability in
>the rest of Europe. It cost GBP5

If these are the same as or similar to lead air then five quid is an
outrageous price for a battery that is reputed to last for only a few months
whether it's used or not. For the time being at least you can obtain real
mercury ones from List member Gary Schloss (schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for US$5
each plus postage. They should last a minimum of twelve times longer

I don't understand why mercury PX13s have disappeared from UK shops when
they're still legal here until the end of this year.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx