Re: [OM] ... Zuiko 21mm....

Subject: Re: [OM] ... Zuiko 21mm....
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:18:29 EDT

> Dear Z & Z's,
>  What the price difference between the f2 and the f3.5 models over there in
>  the U.S. ? Someone once said that the f3.5 is actually more 'worth it'. Is
>  the f2 worth patiently saving for ? Thinking of getting one in this
>  difficult to get place.
>
>  Rgds
>  TMLee, Singapore

Current B&H prices for the 21/2 and 21/3.5 are $940 and $500, respectively. I
don't do any extreme wide angle interior photography so the benefits of the
f2 would be lost on me.  I couldn't be happier with my 21/3.5 as it fits into
the way I shoot, i.e. landscape with near and far objects in focus. The edge
sharpness and contrast when stopped down are superb when the lens is used
this way. Reese's tests seem to give a sharpness edge to the 21/2 but I don't
seem to miss it.

Warren

Warren