[OM] Contemplation

Subject: [OM] Contemplation
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:43:30 -0400
>>Just yesterday I lugged my modest set of gear and a tripod to the top of a
smallish hill and afterwards thought to myself, apropos of Denton and George's
upcoming trips, are they going to lug the big gear to the top of hill if need
be or
are they going to reserve contemplative type photography for what can be shot
from
the roadside?  I think if they were to decide to take a 35mm to the top of the
hill
they might still manage to be contemplative.  If I were either of them I think
would add a Lama to the list of equipment.>>

Shot from the roadside! Me? Not me! I hate the automotive lifestyle, my car is
almost 5 years old, just passed 19,000 miles! OTOH I buy 2-3 pairs of
heavy-duty size 14 walking shoes a year! But about that llama, I _did_ bring
the wife!

Yes, it's nice to be back...

Spent 5 days doing numerous day hikes thru the High Peaks region of the
Adirondacks. Nothing _really_ strenuous, the longest was about 8 miles. Still,
some of those teeny mountains can rise pretty steeply from the valley floor.

Here's what I took everywhere...

Contax Aria with 28-85 zoom attached, usually in hand.
In the f/64 backpack, 21 2.8, 60 macro, 80-210 zoom.
Rollei 6001 w/ 80 2.8 for b&w.
Spare battery
Sekonic L508 meter, for rollei.
Gitzo Safari monopod, with ball head, for the Rollei (usually), and as a
walking stick.
Binoculars.
Lots of film.

The Rollei's pretty damed big, and I lugged it up a lot of hills!

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at