[OM] Vivitar 3500 Flashgun question

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 3500 Flashgun question
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:29:48 +0100
This week I came across a Vivitar 3500 flashgun with DM/O dedicated module,
and at 15UKP in excellent condition, it seemed too good to miss. In the
absence of any instructions, I have had to fathom out the settings and this
is what I am currently assuming:-

The red, blue and orange disks are three power settings for auto-flash
exposure via the sensor, chosen from the colour-coded range markings on the
calculator panel,

M/TTL is for full power manual or OM TTL flash exposure,

The yellow triangle is for reduced power, used with the triangle on the
calculator panel set as the film speed index instead of the white line on
the slider - BUT is it for auto sensor or manual/TTL ?

It came with a flip-over diffuser marked 'E/WA-1' and I assume that this
means that I'd lose one stop when using it.

I would appreciate confirmation or correction from anyone with experience
of, or instructions for, the 3500.
T.I.A.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)