Darkroom sinks was Re: [OM] E6 Processors, Darkrooms and scanners

Subject: Darkroom sinks was Re: [OM] E6 Processors, Darkrooms and scanners
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:39:10 -0500
Ken,  I haven't built a sink, but I have built a number of boats.  Fiberglass,
as you probably know is a lot of work and itchy.  If I were doing it, I would
build the sink/table from stable woods (western red cedar comes to mind) with
an exterior or marine ply bottom, and coat the whole thing with WEST
(Wood-Epoxy Saturation Technique) material from Gougeon Brothers in Bay City,
Michigan (see Wooden Boat magazine or the Web for address).  The strength of
fiberglass really isn't needed here.  If you do it, take the precautions
advised to avoid skin contact seriously, but the epoxy bothers me much less
than normal polyester resins.

Good luck,
Gary Edwards