Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:11:17 +0100

Chris Barker wrote:
-----
I have always understood that you should not leave the shutter cocked.
That is what they meant by not using the Winder for the last shot for a
while - the Winder takes the shot and leaves the shutter cocked.
-----

I allway store my camera with the shutter cocked. I have owned my OM1 and 2n for
more than 20 years now.  The 2n was cheked by olympus 2 years ago after I
dropped it and everything worked extremely accurate. So I have no complaints
leaving the shutter cocked.

I know other camera-manufacturers advise not to leave the camera cocked becaus
of the possibility of accidentally pressing the shutter release when putting the
camera in the bag or getting it out. Since the shutter button in the OM-series
lies quite deep that is not a big problem with the OM's. I only pressed the
button accidentally on very few occasions. The OM's were designed that way
without a loch on the shutter.

My 2 cents,
Wiliam Wagenaar