RE: [OM] Olympus manuals for creative photography

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus manuals for creative photography
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:54:23 +0200
Hi,

> if you read German, Olympus Hamburg used to be very active back in the
> early 1980ies publishing booklets about these subjects. The series was
> called Edition Olympus and I believe, there were 7 volumes with phantasy
> titles but essentially about the subjects you mention. They are very
> complete but only up to the early 1980ies.

That's pretty cool!

However, the manuals I have seen (and of which I have two now - although the
lens' "manual" is not really a manual) are much newer. For example, the
macrophoto manual mentions the OM-4Ti black. The OM-3Ti is not mentioned
yet, so I guess the manual is from somewhere between 1987 and 1995(?).

> The very best reference (besides these) I have found on OM is Andrew
> Mannheim's The Olympus OM Way (also in German from Laterna Magica).
> Unfortunately this extremely informative work also covers the
> era only up to the early 1980ies.

Still the concepts should largely be the same, but it's a pity that not the
whole OM system will be covered then...:(

Thanks!
Olafo