Re: [OM] Oly Shutter Speed Control

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Shutter Speed Control
From: "Jonathan Greeley" <jrgreeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:46:46 -0700
----------
>From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Shutter Speed Control
>Date: Mon, Aug 30, 1999, 7:00 AM
>

>On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:39:14 -0700 (PDT), Winsor Crosby wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know why the Oly shutter speed control was designed to be a
>>ring around the lens rather than a dial somewhere else?  It has always
>>seemed an awkward feature of an otherwise perfect camera.
>
>Strange, it seems the perfectly natural place to me. When I shoot
>someone else's camera that has the shutter control elsewhere or my
>OM-10 with Manual adapter, I'm constantly fumbling.
>
>BBB
>-
>B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel    bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Peach Orchard, MO     http://www.beancotton.com/bbbean.shtml

Barry Bean!
The shutter speed ring was placed around the lens mount so one can adjust
for exposure entirely with the left hand...  That means that you can keep
your face up to the viewfinder all of the time!  I've found that the shutter
speed ring on my OM-1n (no AE mode) is a little wider and much less awkward
to use than on my 4ti.  Hmmm...

Jonathan Greeley

Washington State