Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder in the long run?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:19:59 +0200
wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I allway store my camera with the shutter cocked. I have owned my OM1 and 2n
> for
> more than 20 years now.  The 2n was cheked by olympus 2 years ago after I
> dropped it and everything worked extremely accurate. So I have no complaints
> leaving the shutter cocked.

[snip]

> My 2 cents,
> Wiliam Wagenaar

My experience has been to the contrary. My 15 years old OM2n has never
been happy to be left with the shutter cocked. I suspect that the shutter
springs may be defective, but Olympus service has never recognized the
problem, probably because the shutter gets released due to bumps during
shipping.
Anyway, leaving the shutter cocked for a few weeks gives a bad over
exposure. As long as I store that camera with the shutter released
everyting works fine.

My 20 years old OM1 never has had any such problems.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"