Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:44:23 EDT

<< Dear Z & Z's,
 Is it true that U have to compensate for exposure metering when using this
 lens ?

 Does its superwide angle cause the metering to go haywire ?

 Rgds
 TMLee >>

Not really but there is quite a bit of light falloff around the edges and
corners. I try to spot meter something in the center and adjust accordingly.
I try not to spot meter something on the edges because of the light falloff
problem. The metering doesn't go crazy. By the time the light comes out of
the rear element of the lens, it's coming out as about as straight as with
any other lens.