[OM] More Stolen OM-Equipment!

Subject: [OM] More Stolen OM-Equipment!
From: "keswick" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:55:53 +0100
Wednesday 25th. August was obviously a bad day for list members in the UK as
I had my Zuiko 350mm/f2.8 telephoto stolen on Wednesday evening.

The police have asked me not to publicise too many details at present but
again if any UK list members see or hear of such a lens perhaps they could
let me know at keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx asap.

The lens is in its original hard aluminium case (about 40x20x20 cm) but
significantly is black - most of these lenses are cream and there are very
few black ones about. I believe the lens is likely to be in the Midlands /
London / South East areas and I also suspect that the thief is not an
Olympus enthusiast so it is likely to come up for sale - if it hasn't been
sold to a shop or user already. I would imagine that the market in these is
quite small .......

I have e-mailed / faxed as many camera shops I can find information on
(about 45 from the pages of the AP) with a description of the lens. Apart
from the serial number which I have the lens does have some very distinctive
marks.

Thansk for any help any UK list members can give - David (who is more than a
little depressed about this......).