[OM] OT: Camera Direct Spam

Subject: [OM] OT: Camera Direct Spam
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:00:15 +0000
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:29:24 -0500
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Camera Direct Spam

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 04:15:33PM -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> I urge others to send them some such negative feedback.  I wouldn't have
> minded quite so much if I had been asked if I wished to join.  I think it
> is wrong to have to unsubscribe an unauthorized list subscription and
> shouldn't just be accepted as part of "being on the 'Net."

Here's the feedback I sent:
will do my best to see that listbot.com is added to the Realtime Blackhole
List (see http://maps.vix.com/rbl for details), as well as refusing any
other mail from listbot.com at all.

I do not accept mail from spam havens. You would do well to ensure that
people only receive mail via your system by their own explicit choice.
--
I'm quite serious about the RBL, by the way. The requirements for getting
on it are stringent, but they amount to repeated spamming from a given