Re: [OM] multicoated lenses???

Subject: Re: [OM] multicoated lenses???
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Dirk Wright wrote:

:How important is multicoating for an average hobbiest like myself? I have 3
:zuiko lenes, a 28/3.5, 50/1.8, and 135/3.5, none of which appear to be
:multicoated. They all have only two colors (blue and yellowish) reflected
:in their glass. The seem to work just fine. Should I pursue MC lenses as
:replacements for some of them?

Only if you have a recurring problem with flare while shooting in to the
sun (which can be avoided with judicious use of a lenshood) and you don't
like the flare (personal taste). Otherwise, I don't think there is any
discernable difference to the avg. user like you and me. If you're doing
enlargments or care of every bit of sharpness for critical work, then MC
will/might help. Otherwise, you're OK.
The other irrational reason to get MC versions would be lust, pure and
simple, for ever more Zuikos.... ;-)

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
goosnargh