Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...16mm FE....
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:29:03 EDT

<< So how would you spot meter something at the edge of the frame - the light
 falloff is caused by the lens, not the scene you are metering.  Correct me
 if I'm wrong but you can only spot meter from the centre of the frame on an
 OM that has spot metering.

Sorry I wasn't clear. If you shift the camera over to spot meter an object on
the side of the photo and you pan back to the center, the object on the side
will now be underexposed because of the light falloff characteristic of wide
angles. Yes you can only spot meter the center, but maybe with the OM5 we
will be able to move the spot meter to any part of the screen?  I would want
a color LCD overlay of exposure information right on the scene that I'm
shooting, with each color representing a zone from 1 to 9 (OM7?).