Re: [OM] Patiently waiting

Subject: Re: [OM] Patiently waiting
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:58:36 -0700
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

... I agree with the person who wrote
that he needs no strap, which needs more space in the bag than the camera.

The only time I dropped a camera was when it was sitting on the edge of a desk, with the strap dangling, and the strap got caught in something and pulled the camera off the desk. My dad did the same thing.

I take about 4" (10 cm for the rational world) of boot-lace, stick it through the eyelet, and tie a square knot in it so that my second and third fingers snugly slip through, leaving the first finger free for the shutter. Then the camera becomes an extension of my arm, and is every bit as secure as having it on a strap.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>