Re: [OM] Looking for tripod advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for tripod advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 08:01:37 -0400

Thanks, Keith.  The ground spike I had pretty much figured out but I had
no idea such a thing was available commercially.  The B&S head should
have been obvious and, as it turns out, I actually own a "split-field
magnifier".  I acquired it and a few other accessories along with an OM
body and a couple lenses.  I knew what it was for but not what it was
called and have never used it yet.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

Keith Berry wrote:
The ground spike is sort of like a tent peg with a short clamp in
threaded
tube to which you can attach a camera or B&S (ball and socket) head. The
split field magnifier is a #2 close up lens 'sawn' in two and fitted in
rotating mount like a polariser's so that you can include a sharp
background
in your close up picture, or you can combine it with a normal close up
lens
and photograph two identically sized objects at different distances to
make
one look smaller, etc. Use at f5.6 or smaller. Pictures taken with them
almost always display a light line, a problem easily solved by painting
the
'sawn' edge with black poster paint.