Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?

Subject: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:20:33 +0200
Hi

I'd also recommend that you buy a good quality lens for your projector. It
is no use using high qulity photo lenses and then show your slides with a
poor quality projector lens.

Taking lots of slides myself, I bought an old secondhand Kodak set some
years ago, 2 machines and a dissolve system. I got that for a reasonable
price, because it was old, they are very expensive new.

Using 2 projectors and having the dissolve facility I can show more
pictures without the viewers falling asleep, because it makes a show less
tiring for the eyes.
But of course, this is not a must.
Shop around, there must be good second hand projectors available. Leitz
makes some projectors with a very quick change speed, giving very little
"dark" time between pictures.

My projectors do not have autofocus. Autofocus is a good facility if you
use slide frames without glass, because they often change focus during the
projection. I use glass frames and have little use for autofocus.

Screens: what to buy depends on the room you want to show your pictures in.
A pearl screen is vey bright, but  the the reflection angle is very narrow
i.e. people sitting to the side get a dark picture. Normal white screens
are less reflective, but have a wider angle with a bright picture.

For a normal living room, I'd say that a 85-100 mm lens is the best choice
with a procjetion distance of 2.5 - 3 m.

I don't know id you live in Europe. If you do, the Kodachromes take a long
time to have developed (c. 2 weeks) because they are only processed in
Switzerland.

About Fuji Velvia: In my opinion Velvia only has a speed of 40 ISO.
I look forward to try the new Kodak Ektachrome 100 Extra Color. It is close
to Velvia in quality, it seems, and at least an F-stop faster.

----------
> Fra: Jerry Stackhouse <jstack@xxxxxxxx>
> Til: Olympus (E-mail) <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Emne: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
> Dato: 2. september 1999 03:39
>
> Good Evening. After taking only prints for about the last 11 years, I've
> started to use my new and recently refurbed OM2n to experiment with some
> slide films.
>
> Today, I picked up a developed box of Fuji Velvia that I took to my local

> Ritz who had them developed at the local Kodak processing center - a
Qualix