Re: [OM] exposure for star photos

Subject: Re: [OM] exposure for star photos
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Gregg Iverson wrote:

:I thought the nights and days would smell like a forest fire.  The wind
:must be blowing the other way (east?).  How about driving up to Snow
:Valley and shooting some pictures of sooty, tired fire fighters?  The
:200/4 would take some nice photos of air drops.
:
:Gregg
:
:Acer Victoria wrote:
:>
:The night skies are getting clearer and the crisp air is too tempting to
:stay indoors.

The smoke plume was visible two days ago, but not anymore. FWIW, I have a
spectaculr photo taken around dusk, about a month or so ago. There were
fires around the Interstate 5, and by sunset, the smoke had blown inland
the gave a helluvan orange sky for a long time. It's almost surreal. If
the stores around here can get PSP in stock....
Or, if any of you can help me or tell me how to ftp from my harddrive here
at home to my UNIX account, I can attach a photo over email. I'm too lazy
to trudge over the labs with my photos on floppies.

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
"I look to you / How you carry on / When all hope is gone / Can't you see
/ Your optimistic eyes / Seem like paradise / To someone like / Me / ..."