RE: [OM] 35/2.8 PC Shift and Panoramics

Subject: RE: [OM] 35/2.8 PC Shift and Panoramics
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 23:53:19 +0000
The panoramics are now posted here:
  http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=59632&a=583564

The first is the 35/2.8 shift and only two frames, the center and right.
The second and third are the 35/2.8 shift with all three frames.
The fourth and fifth are the 35/2.8 shift and 2x tele with all three frames.

All were stitched together using a PhotoVista demo which adds the
watermark.  It worked so well at stitching the images together I ordered it
from Barnes and Noble this evening.  If I had used a pano head on the
tripod and swung the camera around, PhotoVista will allow "curving" the
image based on focal length.  With the flat field produced by the shift
lens there was no need to.

All were resized to 640 pixels wide with the aspect ratio preserved.  The
wider the panoramic was, the shorter it got after resizing.

This was a test roll so I didn't spend too much time with composition.
Just looked for something somewhat interesting until I got to the last two
and simply did them from my driveway.  They came out with a very nice flat
field and zero vertical cropping was necessary (guess I had the tripod
leveled fairly well and didn't jar it).

-- John